Croatian performers’ rights collecting society - HUZIP is non-profit association that carries out the collective management of following performers rights in Republic of Croatia:
- right of public communication of a fixed performance and broadcastings;
- right of public presentations of fixed performance;
- right of broadcasting and rebroadcasting of a fixed performance;
- right of making available to the public of a fixed performance;
- rental right of a fixed performance and the right to remuneration referred to in Art. 20 par.5 of the Copyright and related rights act;
- right to a remuneration for public lending of a fixed performance;
- right to a remuneration for reproduction of a fixed performance for private or other personal use;
all according to the Croatian Copyright and related rights act and with the authorisation of Croatian State intellectual property office , dated 28. September 2004. (UP/I-034-03/00-020/0003, Nr. 559-07/3-04-018).
Member of HUZIP can be every domestic or foreign performer who authorises HUZIP to protect his/her performers rights by giving the power of attorney.
HUZIP protects also the performers rights of all foreign performers in the Republic of Croatia by virtue of representation agreements with foreign collecting societies, as well as on the basis of factual reciprocity within the scope of obligations assumed by the Republic of Croatia under international agreements.
HUZIP gives the authorisation for use of fixed performances, conduct the survey and monitoring the public use of the fixed performances, collects the fee for the utilisation of the foxed performances and allocate the collected fee to the performers.
In case that remuneration cannot be established by the contract, user are obliged to pay the remuneration according to the HUZIP’s tariff.
HUZIP is a full member of following international associations of performers organisations: AEPO-ARTIS and SCAPR.